Worship services take place every Sunday morning at 10:00 am.
- Quarterly we share in communion during the services.
- We offer coffee and conversation following the service in the church hall.
- Saint Paul’s band “Step by Step” offers additional music during the service once a month.
- Baptisms take place quarterly or contact the office by telephone or by clicking “email us“.
- Children generally join adults for the first 20 minutes, share a story with a minister and are invited to our Sunday School. Classes are available for children from 2 – 12.
- Experienced volunteers staff our nursery.
A Brief History
St. Paul’s United Church, Sussex, was formed by the union of the congregations of the Wesley Methodist and Chalmers Presbyterian Churches in 1926. The years prior to the union date back to 1827. In 1925 the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches joined to form the United Church of Canada.
St. Paul’s sanctuary was built in 1969 and seats 509 plus 50 in the choir. The pipe organ was installed in 1987 and a new baby grand piano also was acquired at that time. The church fellowship hall was built in 1962. This is a three storey building contains the fellowship hall on the third floor and houses the administrative offices, nursery and classrooms on the first and second floors.
The governance system of St. Paul’s had traditionally been Official Board, Stewards and Session Model, but in March 2009 the church adopted a new church council system of governance where a church executive meets approximately monthly to oversee the operation of the church and a full council meets four times a year.
The United Church of Canada is the legislative body for the church and is broken down into regional councils who govern and support churches in their area. St. Paul’s is a member of Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters Regional Council.